Press Release & Updates
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs
#Opening Statement Delivered by Hon. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs Mr. Kamal Thapa on 4 November 2015 at 23rd Session of Universal Periodic Review(UPR) Working Group of Human Rights Council in Geneva.
#Consulate General of Nepal, Kolkata held a meeting with stakeholders of Nepal's trade & transit with respect to exempting demurrage and detentation charges Click Here to More Detail
#The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Nepal welcomes the new Minister for Foreign Affairs on 12 October 2015
# A New Government is formed in Nepal on 12 October 2015
As a course of enforcement of the Constitution of Nepal 2015 following its promulgation Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K.P. Oli has been elected in the post of Prime Minister of Nepal. He was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Rt. Hon'ble President Dr. Ram Baran Yadav amid a special ceremony organized by the Office of the President, Sheetal Niwas on 12th October 2015. Under the leadership of the newly elected Prime Minister, seven other Ministers with following portfolio have been appointed.
1. Hon. Mr. Bijay Kumar Gachchhadar - Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Physical Infrastructure and Transport
2. Hon. Mr. Kamal Thapa - Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Foreign Affairs
3. Hon. Mr. Agni Kharel - Minister for Law, Justice, Constituent Assembly & Parliamentary Affairs
4. Hon. Mr. Haribol Gajurel - Minister for Agriculture Development
5. Hon. Mr. Som Prasad Panday - Minister for Industry
6. Hon. Mr. Satya Narayan Mandal - Minister without Portfolio
7. Hon. Mr. Ram Kumar Subba - Minister without Portfolio
The other Ministers including State and Assistant in protocol were also sworn in, the same day.