Information for Indian Citizens willing to travel to Nepal
Travel can be made on the basis of the following document:
- Passport, or
- Driving license with photograph, or
- Identity card with photograph issued by a governmental body, or
- Ration card with photograph, or
- Voter identity card with photograph, or
- Registration certificate issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen staying in Nepal, or
- Ad hoc/temporary identity card issued by the Indian embassy to the Indian citizen in the event of exigency, or
- Document with photograph and setting out identity, issued by the sub-divisional magistrate or authority there above.
- (source:http://nepalimmigration.gov.np/content/important-information.html retrieved 11:00 a.m. 26 November 2015)
Following the massive destruction caused to lives and properties by the Earthquake on 25th April 2015 and its subsequent aftershocks, the Government of Nepal has agreed to solicit humanitarian aid from all friendly countries and international organisations.Donor institution/individual willing to contribute in monetary term can send money online using VISA/MASTER card to the Prime Minister's Disaster Relief Fund directly. For detail information, please follow the following link of the official website of the Prime Minister's Disaster Relief Fund at http://pmrelief.opmcm.gov.np/faq.aspx
25th of April, 2015(2072/01/12 BS) remains as a black day in Nepal. A massive calamity of 7.6 Richter scale hit Nepal which affected more than 8 million people throughout the country. In this Catastrophe, Nepal lost more than 65 hundred people(estimated to reach 10 thousand) , 13000+ people were injured and billions of property destroyed.
This documentary content tends to show the scenario of Nepal (especially the valley) when the calamity triggered the nation. This content was not captured but many footage were extracted from the internet and compiled.
Phone Numbers - 033-2456-1224/1154/1103/1085**
Sl. No. Name/Designation Ext.
1. P.A. To Consul General 200
2. Dy. Consul General 202
3. Consul 203
4. 2nd Secretary (Accounts) 204
5. Attache 205
6. P.R.O (Mr.Niladri Thapa) 206
7. 2nd Secretary (Commerce) 207
8. Consul General Residence 211
9. Dy. Consul General Residence 216
10. Consul Residence 218
11. 2nd Secretary (Accounts) Residence 219
12. 2nd Secretary (Commerce) Residence 220
13. Attache's Residence 221
14. P.A. To Consul General Residence (Mr.Satish Thapa) 222
**Call the Telephone Number followed by extension for direct contacts